Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Sitting here on this lonely dock
Watch the rain play on the ocean top
All the things I feel I need to say
I can't explain in any other way

I need to be bold
Need to jump in the cold water
Need to grow older with a girl like you
Finally see you were naturally
The one to make it so easy when you showed me the truth
Yeah, I'd rather be with you
Say you want the same thing too."

To me, this picture (courtesy of N. C. Ticknor), is exactly where I want to be. I NEED a place to sit, relax, get my head back on straight. How can school have become so stressful in just the short week since break??

I wish I had all the answers to the struggles in life. Right now I feel as though every time there is a small victory, it gets beaten down by even more stress and cruelties of life that there is no time to enjoy anything. I get so caught up though in life, and the worries of school, that I forget to take the time to just sit back and laugh at it all. It is so small, a drop in the bucket, compared to the rest of life, and eternity. In 20 years it's not going to matter if I pass or drop calculus...it's not going to even matter in 2 years! I am trying to quiet my head and listen to my heart, and get back on track for God's plan for me, not my plan, or my advisor's plan.

I am falling even more in love with God & Sam. The fire for both of them is growing stronger and brighter. It is amazing how my love for Same can grow stronger as I grow closer to God. And through devotions together, I am able to grow and fall more in love with Sam as we explore our faith together. Being in God's Will is a beautiful thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment